Dec 1, 2016

Magic -- morning and night

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

I knew Clark would give me a special gift today, and it started with the dawn sky being beautiful. 

Later, Zing and I were heading to Grateful Dog; as soon as we stepped into the hallway outside our door Zing started coughing. OH, NO! 

I heard Clark (as I actually have heard him many times) say, “Don’t worry!” His words were with me all day long.

Don’t worry. The neighbors won’t stick their heads into the hallway and shake their fingers at us for disturbing their morning. 

Don’t worry. Zing is not sick. Remember that the veterinarian assured you of this?? He’s allergic or anxious or unused to dry weather. 

Don’t worry. So what if the bulletin board you just installed in the studio is a tiny bit crooked? 

Don’t worry. So what if the pizza  is not crisp as you like it?

Don’t worry. Just go to the chamber music concert at noon. Let oboe and piano and violin soothe away worries.

Don’t worry. You won’t look stupid that tiny things threatened your peace today.

It worked pretty well until about an hour ago  when Zing and I were waiting at our twelfth floor elevator headed for our last walk. The elevator stopped and the door opened.  A woman stepped out, wearing a crown (Yes!) and carrying a plastic drink glass — empty.  Zing looked down and coughed. Darius (that’s the woman's name) looked tenderly at him. “What’s the trouble, baby?” Zing coughed again, louder. “Oh, my! You poor thing!” 

What I love is that right then Darius knelt beside Zing on the carpet in front of the elevator; she looked him eye to eye and pulled Zing toward her, with a hand under his chin. She stroked him and said tender words until Zing fell under her spell and shut his mouth. Darius kept talking sweetly to him and when finally it seemed that Zing, tail wagging,  was promising to be good forever, Darius gingerly stood back up, took her glass and her purse from the floor, and said good night.

I believe Clark may have sent her.

Love,
k

The sky outside my window

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.