Dec 6, 2016

Accidentally celebrating

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

The fog this morning was pink, signaling, I supposed, a sunny day. But it turned gloomy and even the happy greeter at Target was low key. Her fluffy hair drooped today, and so did her smile. “It’s the weather!” she said.

Out here we get upset by rain and dampness.


The mood continued as I dealt with finances (I'm becoming an adult!) and discovered that the dishwasher still doesn't work.


But at the end of the day Zing and I decided to go down by the Capitol Building -- it’s a decent trek and bright along the way. (By 5 p.m. it gets dark quick.) We passed a couple holding hands, humming a Christmas carol. Closer to the Capitol we saw the big Christmas tree all lit up, and closer still we could hear a choir. A crowd, a stage, a choir — the Lighting of the Christmas Tree!! Accidentally celebrating, Zing and I stood at the edge. Not to be sappy, but the whole thing made me happy-sad and believing in Santa once again. Surrounded by  people, sound, and light, Zing sat right down in wonder on the sidewalk --  wondering, I suppose, what this could possibly have to do with dogs. As for me, it was perfect. 

Love,
k



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.