Dec 19, 2016

Frosty Sunday

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

It was one of those lovely relaxed Sundays. First thing, a call from Gretchen as I was having my morning coffee. We discussed a million things, from finances to cupcakes. Also the Catholic Church. We agreed we can’t get away from it: we are Catholic. But so many, so many what?? so many disagreements? We can call it that. After that, I went to Mass at St. Francis Church (They don’t accept dogs, so I took Zing to Grateful Dog, which sounds like a church itself, doesn’t it?) Basically, I think G and I agreed the church is not on our wavelength. It doesn’t speak to me as a woman: so many men in charge! and G mentioned the guilt thing: well, that’s enough for today. 

I could have called Sandra to watch Zing: that’s what she said later. It’s so great to be edging into a community! Sandra and her friend Chris stopped by, left her friend’s dog Desi with me and Zing, and they worked out in the gym downstairs. I fell asleep on the purple couch with the 2 dogs on pillows beside me. 

Then Zing and I drove to the airport to get comfortable with the route. I’m heading there on my way to Miami VERY early Thursday morning. For a while I wondered if I ought to go to Miami: I thought I’d be a sad sack; but I am so glad I’m going to be among family this holiday! Turns out, the airport is pretty close to midtown. Seems like it’s in the open spaces, though. The ride was gorgeous, as the night sky was coming on.  

Speaking of weather and sky, on our morning walk Zing and I passed cars with frost on the windshield. It’s cold here!!

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.