Dec 10, 2016

What's up at the noodle factory?

Written last night:

Dear Friends,


Just now I lost Zing's Pickle Pocket. 

Pickle Pocket? you say? Until last week I had no idea either. It is a green plastic thing shaped like you know what, with tracks into which you can squirt cheese. It’s Zing’s supreme treat. If I give it to him he forgets his troubles. I was going to give him his Pickle Pocket tonight when I went to the building’s holiday party,  but I couldn't find it. I put it somewhere special when the guy came this morning to install the backsplash. You know how it is when you put stuff somewhere special.

Then this evening I met a woman (She lives in this building.) who had a dog with anxiety so bad she had to … you don’t want to know. The dog was old  and so tense he couldn’t fly, and this woman had to move to New Zealand. I’m glad Zing was 12 stories upstairs when she told me this story at the party by the Christmas tree in the lobby.

On a nicer note, Zing and I took a half-mile walk to Beers Books this morning. We couldn’t go in, of course. I know some bookstores do welcome dogs, but we just walked past and spied in the window. I have been completely spoiled by Mitch Kaplan’s Books & Books in Miami and hope this place is a fraction so solid. I’ve lately become partial again to books on paper. They say Beers is a Sacramento institution. 

On the way back we passed a hole-in-the wall noodle kitchen, just off R Street. It has a tantalizing cardboard sign by the sidewalk, and a  closed door and an open door. I peered inside and saw a woman in an apron at a stainless steel table. I don’t know what she was doing. I’ve got to find out.

It’s warmer here now. At just about sunset Zing and I crossed the Sacramento River on the gold Tower Bridge. The sky was lustrous.

Then when we got home I realized the fastest way to find the Pickle Pocket is to order another one. So I did.

Love, 
k


Late afternoon
 Tower Bridge over the Sacramento River





No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.