Dec 15, 2016

Music after the meeting

Written last night:

Dear Friends,



This morning I had a meeting with Neel, my financial advisor who is in Tallahassee, via Go-to-Meeting. For him, it was just before lunchtime; for me, it was just after breakfast. 

This kind of thing makes me nervous, so last night I thought about what I wanted to discuss. Below, on the floor, you see my filing system. Each of the piles is a different subject that I wanted to bring up with Neel. I have to touch the papers and they have to be separate from each other. That’s the beauty of meeting on-line: Neel has no idea I did this. And, you know, preparing this way helped me hold my own in the meeting. I used to talk finances with a shudder in my voice but I don’t think that happened today.

Before my meeting I took Zing to the gym, and he stayed all day, playing with a favorite dog-friend. I am so lucky to have met Sandra, who loves Zing like an energetic aunt. 

At noon I walked the nine blocks up N Street to hear chamber music at the church across from the Capitol. A choral group of about a dozen women sang holiday songs. Perfect.
 
Love,
k


My papers laid out on the floor for the morning phone meeting

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.