Oct 15, 2016

Laughing, not barking

Written last night:

I didn’t tell you, but yesterday tears woke me, and I didn’t have a sad dream. I was just plain missing Clark in my sleep. It’s as if he was there, whispering Don’t Worry.  And this morning I woke up dreaming of someone decorating my mirror with gaudy colored baubles all around, and I heard Clark saying, “Make your house happy!”

I guess Clark thinks I need decorating advice. 

Which I do. Tomorrow I’m dealing with windows, and maybe the kitchen sink, which is leaking. Today it was the washer and dryer. 

Yes! They are here, plugged in, working fine.  Don’t tell anyone, but I feel grounded because I finally have a laundry. To celebrate I did a load of towels. 

I’m also cooking; that’s what I’ve done ever since we lived in Euclid, Ohio, when I was six or seven, and I let my runny nose drip into the chocolate chip cookie dough, then baked my first batch of cookies. (I don’t do that anymore…)  Tonight I candied some pecans to take to Mui, the wonder woman from Best Buy, who first took my washer-dryer order (Remember, Patrick and Steph? It seems so long ago). Mui made today’s delivery happen. 

And I started drawing again. It’s probably the only day I will want to draw an automatic washing machine.  

Oh, and when I went out for an errand I put Zing in his crate, as Cassi suggested. And yes, Judy and Susan, Zing did figure out how to open it from the inside. He met me at the front door. I think he was laughing, not barking. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.