Oct 12, 2016

Another California

Written last night:
I'm a licensed California driver! Passed the test this morning. What a relief! 

Then more business things that didn't get done yesterday. Got a video-bill from AT&T. Yes.  You have to watch a video explaining each line of the bill. It's because I checked the "paperless" option.  It was annoying, and I didn't finish watching. I hate it when  it's so obvious that machines are in charge.  

After lunch Zing and I drove to Mountain Ranch for our first visit to Patrick and Steph's. We are spending the night, and right now are in bed there. Wow! I love life's beautiful surprises. The drive began flat and boring, then the hills appeared and I got overcome with the expanse of it. The hills were very gentle at first, then higher and rounder, studded with trees.  The road curved in sweeps, and the scenery was all green and gold (dried grass maybe/ I don't know the seasonal colors here yet.) The slope got steeper and there was lots of space between houses, interspersed with small towns. It feels so distant from Sacramento city life.  To get to P &S's house you make a sharp turn off the main road. Their drive slants upward. The house is smallish (They say -- I can't remember the square footage, and it feels roomy.) and full of character, with a front porch and fireplace. They have several acres of gorgeous, rather steep hillside. It is wonderful to be together. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.