Oct 11, 2016

Tending to those little details

Written last night:

Today ran away with me: motivated by Zing’s (and my) need for a dependable, cozy home, I determined to line up things I’ve neglected: window coverings (I love the light, but maybe full-on it’s too brash.), disposing of the broken bed, and minding to other details. I don’t know if it’s grief or laziness, but until now I was not interested or able to accomplish much. Also, when I go out to do these things, Zing stays home, barking. It slows you down.

Today 
  • A goat farmer with a hauling business and his apprentice took away the bad, bad broken bed frame. 
  • A butcher at Safeway Market made my day with his smile. He’s another one of those people who focus directly on the person they are serving. 
  • I got out of Ikea with just a box of cinnamon rolls.
  • I made a Thursday appointment with Cassi, the dog trainer. (I am witless with worry about Zing.)
  • I wrote a poem called How to bark.
This evening Zing and I followed the crowd to the Arena. The (Don’t tell anyone, but I have to look this up! If Clark were here he’d tell me, laughing.) Oh, yes, the Kings — they played the Israeli national professional basketball team in an exhibition game. I loved being in the crowd. Is that the best thing about basketball?  And I loved passing by the entrance and going home instead of the game! I do feel partial to the Kings, now that I know who they are. I'm glad the arena has a busy schedule.

Kind of an ordinary day, otherwise. I assume Zing barked, and he may bark tomorrow morning, when I take my driver’s license test. Then we’re going to the country to visit Patrick and Steph. Driving beyond the city has seemed daunting until now. Internet service may be spotty there, so I might skip a day. But I hope not. This should be interesting.

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.