Oct 17, 2016

What's the hurry?

Written last night:

It’s not easy hearing Zing whimper because he can’t jump onto the footstool. I moved it so he could reach, but the bedsprings are still in the way of his take-off. They are leaning against the wall because of the broken bed. A few years ago I would have thought a woman caring about her dog like this was crazy, and now it’s me!

As I write, Zing whimpers from beyond the wall that separates my bed from the little entryway. 

I am afraid to leave the condo and start a new life — Zing's sighs and barks might disturb the neighbors.

It’s probably just as well. I might not be ready to be out in public. But I tell you I am frustrated. 

In addition, there’s a sign by the elevators that says that they’ll be testing the emergency warning systems in the building Monday through Wednesday. We can expect fire alarms and intercom messages. So just as Zing is getting relaxed in this new space, loud noises will emerge from our walls.  

I am thinking of leaving town for the three days. 

First,  I am going to lift Zing up and put him into the bed. He still sleeps on Clark’s pillow, but I want him to be comfortable in his crate house soon.  

It seems my life pivots on a dog. I suspect Clark is sending me a message that I shouldn’t take things so seriously. Everything will be OK. Maybe I should just go a little slower. Yes, just a little.  




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.