Oct 20, 2016

Zing-bound

Written last night:

I am sitting in bed now and Zing is whimpering on the other side of the low wall. I have moved the bed springs so nothing is blocking him. Something about nighttime makes Zing whimper. I feel like whimpering myself. 

He’s still barking when I leave and trying to escape the (now-locked) crate — Cassie’s video today proved that. She insists he sounds less loud. I think he (and I) are adjusting slowly. It’s clear he can’t stand to be alone now. I’m sure he’ll get over it. But I will go crazy before that. I hesitate to leave even to get groceries, and I’m skipping the classes I signed up for. I’ve got to admit it was nicer when I wasn’t aware he was barking. 

(I ignored Zing and he's finally jumped onto the bed.)

Cassi and my friend Susan have both praised UC Davis Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, and I made an appointment with their behavior service department for Monday morning. The woman I spoke to was lively and encouraging. She told me the school is #1 in the U.S. and #1 in the world. So Zing is lucky. Cassi wants to go along for the learning experience, and she will be able to add her observations too. It’s a three-hour session.

Meanwhile, I’m getting a lot of chores done around the house.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.