Oct 30, 2016

I appreciate you!

Written last night:
Dear Friends,

I just freaked out, alarmed suddenly that my electricity might be turned off soon, maybe in a minute! (No wonder Zing is suffering anxiety… he catches it from me!)  I ran to my computer to check my account, and the bill is paid up, as I’d arranged, by automatic payment. Whew! Still, my accounts are elusive. I think it might be simpler to pay everything by check, like in the old days. It’s automatic bill pay that confuses me, probably because it happens by magic. In Tallahassee it all went smoothly because we had set up the accounts years before. It’s the settling in part that’s taking some work. I think pretty soon I’ll have it.

For dinner Keith brought over great Thai carryout from The Coconut. We had cupcakes and ice cream from Whole Foods for dessert. It was kind of an early birthday for me, and Keith said I shouldn’t cook. (It wasn’t hard to persuade me.) It was lovely to eat on the balcony, where we heard a little street noise, maybe from fans going to the Kings game. Thanks, Keith!

Earlier, Zing and I cruised the farmers market. The strawberries have to be ending, but they’re still sweet as I remember from childhood. Then we did a little shopping, even driving to Roseville to return the steel gray drapery rods that Mary (rightly) persuaded me are wrong, wrong, wrong.  Thanks, Mary! Bronze is what I need. Disaster averted! 

I may joke, but you can tell how much I value the boosts I am getting from all sides. I am like a wind-up doll that needs to be pointed in the right direction; so often I almost walk directly into a wall. I appreciate your love!

k

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sweet small things! 😊

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.