Oct 3, 2016

I'm wearing magic glasses

Written last night:

I have retreated behind a pair of glasses. I put them on a few days ago instead of my faithful contact lenses; I have to wear glasses for the vision part of the driver’s license test, and I want to get used to them. Before, they were dormant in my purse. But to my surprise I haven’t taken the glasses off (except to sleep). They are like a shield. Along with my baggy jeans and uncombed hair (Messy becomes me!) I feel invisible, and that has been fine lately. 

I don’t yet belong. I’m testing, observing, retreating, and no one notices or cares. Who knows what will happen when I take my magic glasses off? 

Today Zing and I went to Sutter dog park. It was depressing — two barren fenced-in areas (for big and small dogs), with a few shabby plastic chairs and a table and an umbrella. some dog toys strewn on the dirt. The dogs were sweet, bouncing around with each other; their owners were friendly; and it was tolerable until the weather turned chilly and wet. You drive through streets of old and interesting houses to get there. But we won’t be back soon. 

I am getting a little more relaxed about Zing and his barking. I intended to leave him alone an hour or so today, but ended up spending the whole day at home, and enjoying it. Mostly I “organized” my studio, researched daybeds vs. futon sofas. (After my own bed collapsed, I’m getting persnickety.), and made a dinner of roasted vegetables and steelhead trout. And ice cream. And wine.  Just the way Sunday should be.

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.