Oct 24, 2016

Back to Davis

Written last night:

Zing told me he is going to write a book about the mysteries of being a dog. He said I will be of no help, thank you. And tomorrow morning he is taking me to a behavioral psychologist at UC Davis. He thinks I need help. He is right.

Today something drew me back to Davis, home of the Veterinary school. It is Sunday, after all, and I try not to have plans — just follow my instincts. So Zing and I walked the arboretum trail again, and today it was full of all kinds of people (and dogs). The only bad part is its cement paths. I prefer leafy mulch or sand. Picky!

Then we walked the busy streets at the heart of town, a place of serious fun, where braininess is a celebrated and sold: A young man in a coffee shop wore a T-shirt that said, I’m very into science; kids were being dropped off at the mA+hnasium (“We make math make sense”) study center, and even ordinary shops had plays on words: “Puppy Hour” happy hour at the outdoor beer garden; The Artery artists cooperative. (Maybe it was all a bit much … but a great place to visit.)

And in the morning there were a couple of phone calls to boost me. Thanks, Mary, for saving me from a serious decorating disaster! 

Love, 
K



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.