Nov 28, 2016

Slow Sunday

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

It was a slow Sunday, the kind I love.

This morning Zing and I met Jody, who was walking his wife’s service dog. We stood still on the sidewalk, as we do whenever our paths cross in the morning, and we talked awhile. All at once we realized we could be walking the dogs as we talked. Duh! Because we came from different directions, we would just stand still, forgetting why we were out in the first place. Sometimes it takes a long time to be smart.

Later, I went to the big farmers market under the freeway, and I told the farmer that I had made the best apple pie ever for Thanksgiving, thanks to his Granny Smith apples. “I keep them on the tree a month and a half longer than some people do,” he told me. (Or was it a week and a half?? I forget.) “You see how my apples have some red and yellow on them? That’s why.” I thanked him, and then I bought more, this time for applesauce.  

His carrots were almost gone: people were coo-ing over the purples and the oranges. 

And I bought a manzanita wreath for the holidays. It reminds me of the magnolia wreaths from Tallahassee. Although the leaves are much smaller, they seem sturdy and likely to last a long time. 

Love,
k

Farmers market carrots


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.