Nov 10, 2016

Seems odd to do regular things

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today was a blur. It seemed odd to do regular things, like sweep the floor, measure the windows, make room for the purple couch… (yes, it’s coming tomorrow!) I didn’t even worry much about Zing. Which is good.


When we were out walking at dawn today there was a soft rosy stripe across the blue sky, right behind the Capitol building, and the golden bridge across the Sacramento River was hidden in fog. The moon was kissing the treetops. There is still beauty.

At noon Zing and I were on the sidewalk outside our building, waiting for delivery of a carpet pad, and I was talking to Janie, who lives in the building, when a man walked past us and called, “Hi, Kathleen!” So there is still friendship.

Throughout the day I talked and wrote and wondered with family and friends — every one stunned, like me. A couple were quite uplifting. So we can still lean on each other.  


Love,
k


Ginkgo
for color theory class
9"x12"
This is step 1 -- next is adding color


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.