Nov 27, 2016

Gray and relaxing

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Mid-morning I met a young man on the elevator. “I’m going to spend the day watching college football,” he said sheepishly, gesturing to the six-pack of beer he was carrying. 

It was that kind of day, gray and relaxing after the holiday. And of course I would have heard much more about college football if Clark were still around. (I hear Ohio State was playing some team to the north.)

Patrick, Steph and I had lunch at Zócalo, a popular Mexican place around the corner from where they live and not far from me. Before that, we all used the gym, me slow and they, fast. My building has an unassuming but well-equipped gym that opens onto a small garden with a pool. It’s too cold to swim out there now. It’s rainy and the leaves are falling fast, and some people are wearing winter coats (me), while others are in shirtsleeves. California! 

I finished the day reading love poems in search of sweet lines for Gretchen and Rich, listening to music and drinking my new favorite relaxer — Camomile tea. Then I had some wine. 

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.