Nov 3, 2016

Grateful moments

Written last night:
Dear Friends,


Today I took Zing to The Grateful Dog and then had some moments to myself. What a great feeling! However, these days I am always second-guessing my choices, because so much is shifting. In the middle of last night I wondered if I should have bought the month of time-off for Zing. Of course, the answer is Yes, but you know how things are in the dark. 

First thing, I made a hair appointment, and when I got there Marisa told me I can bring Zing along next time. So I have no excuse to let my hair get all straggly! 

Then I walked to the one place that welcomes everyone (except dogs): the church across from the Capitol building, which hosts a concert at noon on Wednesdays. Today I finally got to go. The audience didn’t fill the church exactly — there was plenty of space between people, but it was a sizable crowd (wish I’d counted!). We heard contemporary jazz, with bass, piano, and singer. Some in the audience ate lunch as they listened, and I tried to sketch the bassist. Not easy! Next week the program is classical piano.  

Then I went home and traced around feathers for my Color Theory class assignment: You find some natural objects (last week lots of people had done leaves), then arrange them on the page and draw around them. Then you color in the background with black marker, leaving the shapes free. You are supposed to use the Gestalt Principles, which were new to me: SIMILARITY / CONTINUATION / CLOSURE / PROXIMITY / FIGURE and GROUND. Used artfully, they are supposed to make a pleasing image. Yay! this was a chance to use my feather collection. Yes, I brought a folder of feathers from Florida! You know I only brought the important stuff with me. 

I was planning to try out the Clonidine (the stronger relaxer drug) with Zing at the end of the afternoon, but decided to wait until tomorrow.  

Love,
k


Falling feathers
11" x 14"








No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.