Nov 12, 2016

Making America

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

This afternoon a speeding red pickup truck cut in front of me and it had a Trump bumper sticker. You know how I felt. I think that describes my whole day in a single moment. I was grumpy.

I woke up late because there were no workday sounds -- there’s usually a clanging of the train (Or what is it, Clark? Light rail, I think. It has a shallow track and the line of cars runs on 7th Street, two blocks from here.) and whooshing of cars on the street below, and the faint rush of running water from the people above me.

It was 7:15, and I usually wake up at 6. The sun was already out. I felt discombobulated. Was it Saturday? Did I skip a day somehow? By the time Zing and I got out to the street it hit me that it’s Veterans Day. Police lights were flashing over on Capitol Mall, warning that the street would be closed for a parade. 

A slight disorientation buzzed in my head all day.

I didn’t go to the parade because all the loud music might alarm Zing. (OK, OK, now I’m boring even myself with my stupid grumbling. I probably wouldn’t have gone to the parade anyway. But you get the idea — every little thing annoyed me. 

Zing and I joined a million others and did some shopping: a stuffed owl for Juliana, wine for me, and those twisty dog treats for Zing, all interspersed with relaxing talks with Patrice and Rachel.  Before going home, Zing and I explored the neighborhood of small quirky houses in East Sacramento near the Pet Department Store and passed this sign:



That made me grumpy too!
Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.