Jan 23, 2017

Happy Graffiti

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

It took three irregular nights, but this morning I finally shook off the jet lag and woke up California time. As usual, I  showered and dressed and then Zing stretched, jumped to the floor, and joined me for a quick walk in the dark city. Only this morning, when we got on the elevator and the door closed and I sleepily pushed the down button, there was a 2” blue sign taped above: BE NICE. I stared at it as we went down. On the first floor the elevator door opened to another sign: IT’S NOT HARD TO BE NICE … SAY HI!! and then another BE NICE on the lobby door.

I just had to thank the universe for that note writer. Our building is kind of stodgy, so I knew the signs would be down soon, and they were. Still, I hope more pop up. (Yes, I thought of joining in with a sign of my own, but this little happy graffiti campaign belongs to someone else.) It was a great way to begin the day.

Other than that, we enjoyed a mostly gray and quiet Sunday. Zing and I did walk over the yellow bridge later on, to inspect the current after the rains. The Sacramento River was rushing faster than ever, this time carrying large trees that must have fallen in the wind. Like the ocean, rivers are not to be messed with. 

I’m going to sleep now so I can wake up early and see if there is another encouraging note in the elevator. 

Love,
k




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.