Jan 22, 2017

Cheered by a crowd

Written last night:

Dear Friends,
Tonight is calm; today was not. I thought the hard part was done when I finished some early financial details. Then I almost -- maybe actually-- lost all my emails. And my firewall was compromised so my Mac is beyond useless for now.  Everything will get worse or better -- I'm hoping better -- but in the meantime I'm in tech limbo. Which means I'm using my dear iPad. (*As of Sunday, all seems OK. Waiting for tech help call.)


About noon I was tooth- grindingly frustrated. To clear our heads, Zing and I joined the crowd in the Women's March that was going up the Mall to the Capitol building. We had a ticket. We met so many cheering people of all ages, genders, nationalities. I didn't get many photos because I was soon carrying Zing, who didn't know how to handle the excitement. Zing introduced me to many friendly people. We left when the music and speeches began. As we got back to our high-rise, the last of the parade was passing by N Street on the way to the Capitol, 5 or 6 blocks away. These were the slow marchers -- a limping man, a woman with a walker, and several others.  They were dogged. 

Then this evening I cooked beef burgundy, trying to make one so delicious that my great-grandmother rises from the dead to taste it. 

Love, 
k

Marchers, January 21, 20017, Sacramento
About those daisies in the foreground:
I saw a marcher by the Capitol with daisies on her sign and I told her it was  the best sign of all.
She gave me a piece of her bouquet.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.