Feb 1, 2017

From grumpy to grateful

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today Cassi came to lunch. She’s the generous Sacramento dog walker I met online while still in Tallahassee, when I was looking for advice about traveling with Zing. I’m gradually switching gears, just being alone and having a friend over. I know Clark would love Cassi, and he may even have sent her into my path.  We talked about dogs, spirit, creativity, and delicious California winter vegetables. We laughed a lot. 

Zing, who holds me back, has brought me friends who take me forward.  

When Cassi left, Zing and I walked over to K Street to drop off my iPad so the screen can be fixed. Ii's almost obscene --  I feel naked without my iPad! Luckily, I can pick it up tomorrow.

I couldn’t get to the apple store this morning -- it’s like going to a therapist — you’ve got a problem and you know it has to be addressed, but you cannot even name it. Then you go to the apple store and discover many other people have the same issue.  -- Anyway, because I was having Cassi to lunch I couldn’t go to Arden Mall this morning. (Yes, I’m still in the midst of a tech maelstrom. Every problem breeds another problem… I am learning to doggedly pursue the answers.) So instead of visiting the store, I called Apple and got to talk to an actual person. When that person couldn’t answer my question (I forget the question!), he passed me on to Tier 2. Yes, Apple has tiers (tears!) just like xFinity.  Tier 2 solved my problems. Well, all but one.  


My inclination was to grump my way through the ordeal. However, Clark taught me to appreciate helpers like her, and today I was able to thank Tier 2 for being so persistent and friendly. When the words were out of my mouth I found that I meant them. 

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.