Feb 9, 2017

Music and a mushroom empanada

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today I went to a lot of trouble to hear chamber music at the church down the street. By trouble I mean Zing. And really it wasn’t trouble, it's that I don’t like what I did. I gave Zing Clonidine, the pills that relax him, so that he won’t bark when I leave the apartment. With the pills Zing is not his usual bouncy self, and in addition it’s not exactly relaxing for me to be wondering if he’s home whimpering. But when I got back, the audio on my iPad showed he was quiet for the hour that I was gone. I love being with Zing, but I like being on my own too —  today I heard two violin pieces by Beethoven and Bach (I left before the concert was over), had a decent walk, and even stopped for a mushroom empanada on the way home. 

Then, in an unusually quiet state, Zing went with me to Roseville in the rain. He stayed in the car and ate treats while I cruised Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn. That’s only a corner of the giant mall, but somehow I didn’t want to do any more. I think Zing agreed that it was great to get home.

Love,
k


Here's the violinist, followed by another Valentine:











No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.