Feb 2, 2017

Help in carrying the heavy things

Dear Friends,

No, no! I’m still in tech hell! Today it’s something about my printer. But — —

The printer is fine. So is Wifi connection. Something in the air between them is poisonous.  I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone trying to get it fixed. Finally, the man on the phone gave up and said I had to take the printer to Best Buy. 

Which meant I had to pick it up. That printer is heavy! I picked it up from its table by the window in the studio. I put it down on the table by the door. I opened the door. (Zing was waiting in Rosa, who was parked in front of the building so I could carry the printer directly out rather than go through the series of locked doors to the garage.) I carried the printer out the door and put it down on the hallway floor. I closed and locked the door. I picked up the printer and walked the short distance to the elevators. I put it down on the bench by the elevators. I summoned the elevator. It came. Then I picked up the printer and went inside the elevator, wrestling with the door so it wouldn’t close on me. The paper drawer tumbled to the floor. I put the printer down on the elevator floor. Then an angel appeared. 

A man, actually. But I believe there are angels in disguise sometimes. The man came inside the elevator and pressed the down button. On the first floor, he picked up the printer, lightly, and held the door open for me. I was carrying the paper drawer. The man held open the next couple of doors and then we were on the sidewalk. I gestured to Rosa there at the curb and opened her front door. The man said hello to Zing and put the printer on the passenger seat. I put the paper drawer on the floor. I said, “Thank you!” and the man disappeared. 

Then Nathan, the Geek Squad man from Best Buy Natomas, checked the printer. He said it’s fine. Who knows why it won’t print with Wifi? Saturday a Geek person is coming (for $99.99), and if anyone knows the way out of tech hell, he/she should.

It was a quick day. I was planning to explore Roseville or Placerville. Instead, I spent hours on the phone learning little. Still, I am hopeful. Really. 

And to think, all I wanted to do was print one of those IRS tax forms!

Tomorrow I’m taking a Crocker Museum bus trip to San Jose. It will be a relief.

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.