Aug 24, 2016

Warmhearted day

Written last night:

Today was filled with loving, lovable people.

In the morning I kept unpacking and putting things on shelves. It’s getting homey. At last. I also talked to Patrice and Jennifer and Mary — that connection makes all the difference!

Then Melanie took me to lunch at the Tower Restaurant, where we sat under the trees in the garden. (It’s the same restaurant Keith and I enjoyed last week. Obviously, I don’t have to tell you it’s a place people here are proud of.) We celebrated how we got to know each other under intense circumstances on Saturday. We even toasted the man on the bicycle who brought us together. Health to him! Earlier, when Melanie stopped outside my building to get me, it looked like her front seat was full, so I reached for the back door. “Here,” she said, lifting a bundle beside her and thrusting it toward me,  “I brought you some flowers.” And she pushed a bouquet of sunflowers and purply blooms out the window toward me. “Maybe you want to take them upstairs and put them in some water,” she said. “I’ll wait.”

I really can’t say more. At lunch we talked and talked (OK, maybe I talked more!) over tomato-bacon-avocado salads, and I am overflowing with admiration for this gorgeous, gutsy young woman. She was kind to me.

And this evening Steph and Keith and I had a relaxing dinner at Jack’s Urban Eats, where they sell simple, delicious food. We ate outside, leisurely talking until it was almost dark. It was perfect.

Altogether, this was a warmhearted day. 

Love,
K

1 comment:

Cindy said...

My heart is singing quietly, with joy and love.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.