Aug 10, 2016

Neither dreaming nor awake



Written last night:

Last night when I stirred I was neither dreaming nor awake. I felt Clark standing at the side of the bed; in a moment he leaned down and gently set something by my pillow.  I felt its small heft. And then, when I wasn’t yet awake, I turned, as you can only turn in your dreams, and saw in the covers by my head  a tiny owl, all fluffy and golden, shining and alive. Beside the owl, toward the back of my head, I could feel a bigger weight. It was a golden-red fox, alert and still, looking over me. I felt a great comfort in the shining wash of light, and smiled up at Clark, and he beamed back at me. The owl, which Clark knows I love, was for warmth and kindness, and the fox was protection. Then, just before he left, Clark placed Zing in my arms.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathleen! I'm struck with awe and love at your dream. The images are so tangible - heft, and smell and light ... what wisdom and love you and Clark share. Glimpses of the eternal are what continue to give me hope. Love you.

Kathleen said...

" Glimpses," yes.
You remind
me of "We see now, through a glass darkly."
Thank you for your loving attention," Cindy!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.