Aug 31, 2016

River respite and a purple bathtub

Written last night:

This afternoon Zing and I explored the long narrow path along the American River at Paradise Beach with Melanie and her lab Remy. We walked for more than an hour up and back. Melanie threw a plastic bone into the water and Remy splashed in to get it. Zing stayed mostly at water’s edge, sniffing and rolling in the dust. Melanie showed me a video she took along the river recently of a large seal catching salmon. I would like to see a seal.

Now I’m tired, in that good way exercise makes you feel. I’m out of shape! Tomorrow, yoga!

Also today: more boring stuff: I’m still getting intimate with numbers and passwords. Flipping your life takes time and patience.

Over the weekend I chatted with a man who lives in the building. He was loading stuff into a car parked out front. I thought he told me he was going to Birmingham. What’s that, a town near here? “No,” he said patiently. “Burning Man.” It’s a week of freeness in Nevada, where, I think, everyone is supposed to contribute some art to share. “I’m doing Purple Rain,” he said, “Right now I’m trying to fit a purple bathtub into my car.” 

I want a purple couch — and now I know someone who has a purple bathtub!

Love, 
k

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh Kathleen!! I literally laughed out loud!! You are exquisite! I had the same reaction when I first heard of Burning Man. When you have some free time Gogle it!

Also your walk along the river sounds wonderful. Seals and salmon and new friends. My heart is smiling.

Kathleen said...

Glad you are with me here, Cindy!
When my friend Susan, a marine biologist, read about the seal, she warned me not to get close, as they can be dangerous. A while new world!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.