Aug 22, 2016

On-purpose lazy

Written last night:

Today was a lazy Sunday. For the last couple of months, when I was doing little or nothing it was because I absolutely could not rouse myself. It was that "cloud over me" thing. But today I guess I turned a corner because I realized I was being lazy. It was a choice. 

I read the NYTimes slowly, then talked to Mary as she walked in the woods by her house. These talks would always amaze Clark. (“What do you find to talk about?”) He admitted he envied such casual rapport. On the other hand, Clark and I always seemed to be in the midst of our own continuing conversation. We can’t talk anymore, but our communication continues nonetheless. 

This morning brought another great talk — my dear Tallahassee friends Irene and Ana from across the street texted me. In response I did waver, as texting is often complete in itself, but I needed to hear their voices today. Should I call? I did, and am so glad because I found out about new kittens and Ana with the blue hair and other vital details that might have otherwise passed without me knowing.  Besides, the voice of a friend is a gift itself, whatever the news. 

Zing and I unpacked more boxes. We have a room full of empty boxes again (the second bathroom). To forget about  boxes, I drove around midtown for fun, finding the boat dock on the river and food trucks circled like a wagon train in a park on Broadway. By mistake I found my way home, crossing a bridge that led to the Crocker Art Museum, which is three blocks from where I live. 

I ended up eating Steph’s delicious pasta for dinner with her and Patrick. 

And to show just how to end a lazy Sunday, Zing is already asleep on the leather footstool.

Love,

K

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.