Jun 4, 2017

Sacramento Pride Parade

Written last night:

Dear Family,

Today Zing and I went with several neighbors to the Gay Pride parade. I was remembering the Women’s March in November, which amazed me with its numbers and intensity, and I was unconsciously ready to compare the two. (Actually, I compare every event at the Capitol to the Women’s March, and none so far measured up.) About 9:30 this morning there was a little parade, about a block long, in front of our building, and I thought that was it. It was a warm-up. A little later the Pride Parade happened, right on N Street, and it outdid the Women’s March. Dogs were marching too, and Zing was everyone's darling. By the end Zing was wearing a rainbow flag. 

Love,
k





No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.