Jun 14, 2017

Ice cubes cure my shuddering sink

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

This morning the appliance repairman said, “You have a wonderful sink."

“Very good quality,” he said. 

“I also like your garbage disposal,” he added.

Made my day.

Sunday my sink shuddered suddenly .I thought I knew the answer because I Googled it. The paddles were not aligned, maybe.  
But, no. He said something jammed in the side of the grinder thing and threw it off balance. Most likely it was the package of garbage disposal cleaner that I’ve been using. “Throw that stuff away right now!” he said, and I did. 

Perhaps you already know his way to clean your disposal: every week put a handful of ice cubes in it and grind away. Then once a month or so sprinkle scouring powder on the ice cubes.  

Earlier today I got a call from Washington state — my cousin Damien, who’d learned I live out here now. Turns out he lived in Sacramento for 30 years, and now he lives near Seattle. We talked for an hour, and I’m sure we’ll meet somewhere along the west coast here. 

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.