Jun 28, 2017

At a friend's table

Yesterday:

A friend and I were going to have dinner at a popular restaurant (Waterboy). Then something came up and we couldn't. Instead we shared leftovers at Janie's place, and I made oatmeal cookies.  It was just as much fun.

Oatmeal cookies
(from Gourmet cookbook)

Beat together until fluffy:

10 T. butter, softened
1/3 C. light brown sugar
1/4 C. granulated sugar

Mix in:
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Add and mix until just combined:
1 3/4 C. rolled oats (not quick variety)
3/4 C. flour
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt

At this point it's all done. But you can add chocolate chips, fruits, etc. I used about a cup of toasted walnuts and 1/2 C. dried cranberries.

The recipe says make huge cookies of 1 heaping tablespoon each. I made smaller cookies. Put on parchment-covered baking sheets. Run your fingers under water and press each cookie down lightly. Bake at 375° about 12 minutes.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.