May 24, 2017

Tiny details make a life

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

I’m digging myself deeper into Sacramento: today I looked for a Zumba class (wouldn’t you know it’s just been canceled for the summer?); wandered around UC-Davis Medical campus to find a restaurant; and got keyless entry for my door. Separately, these are tiny details, but together they say I’m feeling more and more at home here. 

I’m sure I’ll find another Zumba class — that’s part of the adventure, looking around; let's say it’s a good omen that the first one happened to shut down the day I showed up. 

And I’m all excited about meeting someone for lunch at a neighborhood beyond the downtown grid. I’m even excited that there are no restaurants there. Just big hospitals and classrooms. Important stuff. I did discover a sandwich shop under some trees. That should do. This is the second time I’ve roamed this area, gradually claiming it as part of the city I know.

And the new lock on my door! You push a few buttons, turn the knob and the door unlocks. No key needed. However, you do need to remember the numbers. Ah! so that’s why people get tattoos!

Love,
k


Sandwich shop near U-C Davis medical centers

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Are you going to get a tattoo of your keyless entry numbers?!🙆🏼

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.