May 12, 2017

Art to relax the heart

Written last night: 
Dear Friends,
This afternoon was another "Don't mess with me" moment. Don't ask me why, but my smile turned into a straight-lipped line, and my hobble became a stride. It seemed like people stepped aside for me on the sidewalk, and even Zing moved a little farther away down the sofa.

I'm sure you have such times too.  I just want you to know you're not alone.

All's good now. People have been jumping into my path and smiling, talking, joking. And the drawing class this afternoon swept me into a story. We are making picture books. Here's my ditty:

Alexandra lives in a house by the sea.
She sleeps 'neath the moon and a tall palm tree.
She dreams of a fish.
She dreams of the sun.
She dreams of a boat that sails like a song.
When Alexandra wakes up
Her dreams are  done,
But she still has the boat/ and the fish/ and the sun.

Today I had art to relax my heart. I hope you are as lucky.

Love,
k
Here are some working sketches:









No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.