May 9, 2017

Slow time flows like the river

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today I dreamily removed each item from my suitcase — whether underwear or iPad charger or little piece of lint -- looked at it quizzically and with much more respect than it deserved -- and then, once I’d identified it, slowly and deliberately took it to the drawer, shelf, or trashcan where it belonged. That’s what jet lag does to me … puts the next day into slow motion. I’m not sure what I’d do if I had to hit the ground running. Today went slow, and yet it is nighttime so quickly!


The best thing Zing and I did today is walk the path along the American River, from Sutter Landing Park to the railroad bridge this side of the freeway.  Finally I’ve found a place where I can’t hear traffic hum. Birds were chirping, and ducks made their calls. I’ve missed these sounds. Birds used to start my day. The river is not my dear Phipps Park in Tallahassee, but already I see its charms. It’s about 10 minutes away. We’ll be going back often, I think. 

Love,
k



The American River

Graffiti under the bridge
Do you see the swastika?
It is a blight on the river walk


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.