May 31, 2017

Finding friends

Written last night:

Dear Friends,
When I first met Helen I was crushed by Clark’s death and not very sociable. That was months ago — at the Women’s March right after the November election. We said we’ve got to get together, and finally today we did. I am lucky to be making friends, slowly.

Another friend is my neighbor Tony, who calls Zing his “therapy dog.” Tony watched Zing while I was out today, and it seemed to do them both good. They took two walks. Later, I left Zing alone in our condo for short times (30 seconds!), and he stayed on the couch while I was out in the hall. This is progress --he used to rush over to the doorway as soon as I clicked the latch. The experts say it takes intense patience to work with a dog’s separation anxiety, and I’ve decided to go for it.  There’s nothing to lose, except time. 

Tomorrow I hope to make art all day. I’m telling you so that I live up to the commitment.  

Love,


k
Ready to work
in the studio


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.