Apr 13, 2017

Zing reminds someone of his boyhood dog

Written last night:

Dear Friends, 

Once again, I am so lucky to have you out there --near and far. Thank you!

Today I went to the last drawing class at the Crocker Museum. Part of me didn't like it, because it didn't involve color. Just pencil, chalk, ink. But the other part of me learned a lot.  I really like to draw. I think I'll sign up for the next class. 

... and did any of you realize it's tax time? Oh, you know.  That took some time today. 

Zing has introduced me to some great people on our walks. Today we were passing by the Capitol about 6 p.m. and a man in a nice suit and fancy shoes came walking out, and he gave Zing a friendly, wistful look.  "You like dogs, don't you?" I said. He nodded and then began to tell me about the dog he had when he was a boy and how they were playing in the front yard one day and the dog ran into the street and got hit by a car.  You could tell he still hears the sound of the skidding and swerving, and he said he ran into the street and cradled the dog and he was whimpering and then he died.  This dignified man was almost crying. He said when he looked at Zing he remembered how it is to have a dog and he's thinking he might get another one. He petted Zing and we wished him well. I hope he gets a dog as good as Zing. 

Love,
k


Visitors at the Crocker Museum Wednesday



Still life with old shoes



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.