Apr 24, 2017

Which do you prefer: learning or knowing?

Written Saturday night:

Dear Friends,

Today I experienced that learning is better than knowing -- for me at this time, anyway   I’m glad I still have things to learn. (Duh!) It’s tempting to feel like you have no reason to learn after you retire. Simply, I was glad to walk down to the Crocker Museum this morning and take a class in ways to print on paper and fabric. 

One thing I learned is that I don’t like working with a bunch of people around. That’s a class for you, though: an introduction to techniques you can do on your own. Part of learning is discovering what I don’t like. I’m going back tomorrow. 

Written last night:

Today was gorgeous here. The farmers market seemed a little bigger — getting ready for growing season. I stopped by Mad Dog Olive Oil, where a couple of weeks ago I said to the woman, “This is pretty expensive for olive oil.” I wasn’t about to buy it. But then I did. “You’ll be back for more!” she promised. And today I was. She was so delighted to see me again. 

The blueberries were great. But I remember Tallahassee blueberries, and maybe it’s my imagination, but I think Florida makes better blueberries: which is saying something. (Caroline, I mean yours!)

The rest of the day Zing stayed with Darrius and her cat Romeo (They shared a pillow on the balcony, Darrius told me), while I  went again to the printing workshop at the Crocker. I decided to jump in and have fun and not think whether I would ever do this again. All day long kids peered in from the hallway; they could tell that we adults were having fun!

Love,
k


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.