Mar 14, 2017

Zing gets a Thundershirt

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today was one of those tense days when things that shouldn’t bother me did anyway.

1. Technology! It makes my heart beat fast in a bad way when the stuff doesn’t work. I know this happens to you too, at least the don’t work part. This morning the attorney needed some info. I could fax it. Surprise! My fax wouldn’t work. Just making an appointment with the Geek Squad to fix it took forever. I couldn’t help feeling out of my depth, but then I applied the Do It the Easy Way rule and canceled a Wednesday appointment since I was overwhelmed. It gave me a cushion of time and I felt in charge again.

2. Exercise. I meant to do it this morning, but that three-hour time difference between here and Florida got me going on business early. The day spun out and by 4 p.m. I was bumpy-bump hyper. I surprised myself by actually wanting to exercise. So I did. It worked.

3. Talk on the phone. To hear a loved voice still matters.

Love,


Written Sunday night:

Not much happened today. It was a relaxed Sunday. I cooked and wrote and drew and read. And napped. Zing wore his Thundershirt to get used to it. It’s a kind of cross between a shirt and a torso bandage wrap, with lots of Velcro (Do you hate Velcro as much as I do?). It’s supposed to make a dog feel snug and comfortable. Susan of Florida recommended it. I think it might work. 

Now I feel awake, but must go to sleep. I hope you like Daylight Savings Time more than I do!

Love,

k








No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.