Mar 8, 2017

Earrings appear -- finally

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today was the first time I wore earrings since Clark died. I used to love the dangly, flashy things — thought they did something good for my long neck. Then suddenly last June they seemed superfluous. I just didn’t see the point of dressing up. But this morning I was organizing the small stuff in my top dresser drawer, and I saw these turquoise and silver flowers that Patrick gave me.  I put them on, and wore them all afternoon. Felt good.

Steph and Patrick and a friend of theirs took me to lunch at Dad’s. Before that I did some business stuff and then walked with Zing along the river. I sat on a bench and sketched the gold bridge, while on the walkway behind me a class of high school students came trooping by from down-river, and a minute later the old train from the museum chugged and whistled in the other direction. In front of me, the water was still high and brown from the recent heavy rains. For a second there, it the riverfront was very lively.  

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.