Mar 25, 2017

Simple things I never knew

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Things I learned today that maybe you already know. If you don’t, then this could save you $99 Geek Squad fee. (I know — I’m learning the simplest things that all of you already knew. It’s true! And it helps to repeat it like this.)
  • You can’t fax without a land line. Duh.
  • If you have Comcast/Xfinity Wifi, you can use Xfinity anywhere you can find it. Duh. This means all those internet opportunities that pop up when you click on that fan thing at the top of the screen belong to your neighbors. (I knew this!) But there’s also one labeled xfinity wifi, and that is available to anyone who pays for Comcast/xfinity. So if someone is visiting you, they can click on that instead of asking you for your password. And if you’re on the road, you can click on it too. You just can’t scan. Who knew?
  • You can’t scan unless you’re on your very own home wifi. The one with the secret name, that’s yours and yours alone when you click on the fan thing. My mac wouldn’t connect to the printer/scanner six weeks ago, and a Geeek fixed it (Don’t ask me how, but it took an hour.) The same thing happened six weeks later, which is why Cayla came today to help. And Cayla explained the problem. Somehow my mac slipped off the personal wifi and onto xfinity. All I had to do was click it back. Duh. Thank you, Cayla! 
I like to scan. I have to scan. Maybe you do too. I guess it’s easy. Or at least simple. End of today’s tutorial!

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.