Mar 26, 2017

I discover a bookish treasure

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

Today was a jumble of cleaning and exploring Sacramento. One thing led to another: I checked out the Avid Reader bookstore at their new place (it was an old tire store, I think) on Broadway, and there I learned about an art quilt exhibit at the McClatchy Library nearby. So I headed over and was charmed — by the quilts and by the library itself. It’s in a big old house on the edge of the downtown grid. It belonged to the McClatchy family (of the McClatchy newspaper chain, including the Sacramento Bee). There are books all over, of course, but also computers, sofas and even a “quiet room” where no tech is allowed. It has to be the coziest library I’ve ever visited. I have found a little personal treasure!

Love,
k
A reading niche in the stairway
(This is pleasant, but the couches and easy chairs look softer.)

Walk a mile in her shoes
Pixieladies


Field of Dreams
Jan Soules




2 comments:

livelymonkey said...

Love the library. I'd go there and knit or sew! Also like Field of Dreams a lot too.
Mona

Candy said...

Love the little window seat...so charming!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.