Mar 5, 2017

Books, food, friends

Written last night:

Dear Friends,

I want to read an hour a day. Books, I mean. I’m finding the earlier the better. Never save it to bedtime. If possible, read right after breakfast. 

Today I didn’t do any of that. Instead, after lunch I sat on the bedroom floor in the corner by the closet where Zing is beginning to take up residence. I had my book (The Silk Roads by Peter Frankopan) and pen and I read about Hitler planning to invade Russia in 1941 while Zing curled up on the towel nearby. 

Earlier, Zing and I went to the farmers market, and then I cooked. Jody, my dog-walking friend, and his wife Liz and her service dog Phoebe came to dinner. The more we talked, the more we discovered we have in common. And dinner was good too: chicken with Mom’s barbecue sauce, scalloped potatoes like I make for Christmas, peas, pear-blueberry crisp, and they brought some great wine.

Love,
k

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.