Dec 30, 2013

Pérez Art Museum Miami


Amelia Peláez
A couple days ago I stood before this piece by Cuban Artist Amelia Pelaez, enjoying roomfuls of her paintings at the Pérez Art Museum Miami. There was also work by Chinese dissident artist Ai Weiwei and many others. 

Al Weiwei's imposing bronze zodiac figures greeted us. It's impressive… but grandest is the new museum by architects Herzog & deMeuron -- portico and gardens,  galleries and nooks, shaded "secret" windows overlooking the Port of Miami,  and, to the west, the high rises that make Miami new again.

Go if you can; admission is $12, free the first Thursday and second Saturday of each month.

Entrance portico overlooking Port of Miami



I'm standing on a ledge. A screen separates me from the rest of the museum, and the window is protection too, of course.



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.