Dec 6, 2013

Three collages






Collage is like my life. The woods where I run has many layers: leaf, twig, insect and sky. Family (as I live mine and observe others) is heart, heartbreak, surprise and pleasure. Christmas is color, light, warmth and longing. 

I seek spontaneity because through it truth rises up.  This is why I've been making collages without thought, inspired by the Linda Israel YouTube from my last post.

My box of colored papers


Stamps
Begin gluing papers randomly. I used 12" x 12" card stock base.
I used Mod Podge Matte because I don't have Golden Gel Medium,

Adding stamps

I just continued until all was covered with glued-down papers and stamps.  I also tried copper foil on cellophane. I pasted it down, but it slipped and slid -- not what I wanted.  It did leave some great metal traces behind, kind of like a the trail a snail makes.  Cheap Joe's Art Stuff told me how to use metallic foil properly: brush acrylic medium on the wrong side, then glue it where you want it. When it's dry, scrape at it and the paper will come up, leaving the metal on the collage.

It was kind of bright so I showered it with magenta spray paint.

Thinking of Christmas
I'm going to finish with metallic paint and/or glitter -- inspired by the gold-speckled nail polish my friend Janice was wearing today.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.