Dec 18, 2013

New collages

I have made 3 collages in the past couple of weeks, and love the process. The results please me too. 

This is the beginning of one. Working quickly, I cut magazine pages, glued them randomly to 12" x 12" card stock, and stamped at random with a seashell design in black ink. I think I see a newspaper clipping in there too. I covered the entire square with more random clippings and shell stamps. Unfortunately, I do not yet have a photo of this one completed.



Another collage made with magazine cuttings and stamps -- this time stars stamped with acrylic paint.
By chance, the word Wishes is visible.
I mounted it on watercolor paper covered with black gesso.

Detail of Wishes

Detail of Wishes

This is the fabric collage that I showed earlier in its beginning stages.
It seemed just disconnected words and stamps and fabrics.
When I added in layers of tulle across the top third, it seemed finished. The line echoes
the William Powell Bridge leading to the Rickenbacker Causeway in Miami.
The words are from the first stanza of a poem I wrote about that bridge.
It begins "Arc in air."
Bridge, 16" x 20"

Detail of Bridge

Detail of Bridge

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.