Dec 16, 2013

Collage on Wood Panel

What do you think about framing and displaying your work?
I am convinced that mounting work makes it look respectable, to the artist as well as prospective owners. And I do make my work to share and sell.

For a couple of years I've been taking notes on how I see art displayed.  I take photos of mounting methods whenever I see something new, and I've filled files and folders. Maybe now I can select a couple of ways that work for me, most of the time. Maybe my research will save you time. Here are two useful sites.

Julie Fei-Fan Balzer shows step-by-step How to mount a collage.

In this YouTube Jane Davies demonstrates a similar method. She does not decorate the sides of the wood panel, while Julie does. 




No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.