Nov 5, 2012

Early voting or ...


I voted today at the Leon County Courthouse, and it was NOT early voting.  As you may be able to see from this sign that I photographed on the glass wall near the door to the Board of Elections, early voting ended here on Saturday. What we did today was vote by absentee ballot. They gave me an absentee ballot when I walked in and I went to a voting station, filled in the little circles, put it in an envelope, signed that I was the person indicated and I was only voting once. Following a lawsuit, Leon County was one of seven Florida counties open today for in-person absentee voting. Late this afternoon there was a line all along the front of the Courthouse and out to Monroe Street -- about a 45 minute wait.  There were lots of students. I am glad.

2 comments:

mrstayinhislanejones said...

I'm glad you got a chance to vote! Now did you take Mr.Turner with you so that he could exercise his civic duty also LOL?

Kathleen said...

He votes on Election Day--loves to feel the excitement. That's where he is right now. You've got to know there is no way he would miss voting!
You and Melissa too, I'm sure.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.