Nov 9, 2012

Double chocolate chip cookies to the rescue

Double chocolate chip cookies



I did ruin the birthday cake yesterday. It was a bubbling mass of chocolate muck because I measured the flour and sugar wrong. So I dumped it down the drain and remembered that Janice loves these cookies. Who needs cake?

Double chocolate chip cookies

Sift together:
1 3/4 C. flour
1/4 t. soda

Beat:
1 C. butter, softened

Add:
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. dark brown sugar
Beat until fluffy.

Add and mix in:
1 egg

Add:
1/3 C. cocoa
2 T. milk

Mix in dry ingredients.

Stir in
12 ounces milk chocolate chips
1 C. toasted nuts (optional)

Shape rounded teaspoons onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes.
I like them crisp. If you want them soft, bake for 12-13 minutes.






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.