Apr 3, 2010

Shelter casserole


Clark loves the Good Shepherd parish casserole recipe for The Shelter, so I made plenty yesterday – a small one for us & 2 for The Shelter on Tennessee & Macomb Streets. The man who helped me take it in grabbed a pair of welding gloves to carry the hot pan. What a practical kitchen accessory! Here's the recipe I use, sometimes adding cheese. There's another choice – similar, but with rice & chili. Green beans & brownies complete the dinner. Other organizations have their own Shelter recipes for different days.

Macaroni/Beef Casserole

2 lbs. ground beef

1 large onion, chopped

1 green pepper, chopped

1 28 oz. can tomatoes

1 pkg. mixed vegetables

1 lb. cooked elbow macaroni

Brown ground beef, add onion and green pepper and cook till tender. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Turn into casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.