Apr 6, 2010

Light lit lunch

I'm trading my sweet tooth for a veggie passion. In the process, learning to spice. This lunch, for instance: spinach sautéed in olive oil (could be steamed instead.) Squeeze of lemon & good salt (Whatever you like: I choose mine because the box is pretty & the crystals large.), 0–fat Greek yogurt with cumin, curry, & sugar. Ciabatta sliced thin, dabbed with olive oil, baked at 350° until crisp. Turn it once to brown both sides. I use leftover bread, save it in a glass jar. The book is The Analyst by John Katzenbach, a fat page-turner I'm reading with Lesley & Teresa. JK used to write in Miami, as did his wife Madeleine Blais, who wrote In These Girls, Hope is a Muscle, about a turnaround high-school women's basketball team, among other works.

2 comments:

P.D. Crumbaker said...

What a perfect lunch. Lovely to chat Wednesday afternoon at Maureen's. I definitely think a collaboration is in order. I have tons of ideas, and I bet you do, too. e-mail?

Dianne

Kathleen said...

There's magic being with kindred spirits. You've got my email now.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.