Sep 20, 2016

Waiting for the creation

Written last night:

I feel kind of worn out. I guess it’s that pieces of life here are coming together: budget, handyman, learning the road to Home Depot. Even after dinner tonight someone knocked on the door; it was delivery of four chairs for the trestle table. Now their big boxes block the hallway. Pretty soon I’m going to have to start really living here, and that is scary.

To get our bearings 
this morning, Zing and I walked to the main library on I Street, and then to City Hall nearby. These are the bones of the city, and I need to know where they are. We passed fast-walking early risers balancing their coffee and their iPhones, and also plenty of homeless. A woman sat on the sidewalk, pulling on her socks, and right on City Hall lawn two men huddled under sleeping bags, with a third body between them — a large, yawning dog whose head popped up as Zing passed by.

When I’m painting or making a quilt there’s often a point just before the end when it all feels wrong. Then, you keep right on going and whoosh! soon you’ve created something new, or it has created you. That’s where I am now: waiting for the creation to happen!

Love,
k

Sacramento City Hall 
Cesar Chavez Park
across from City Hall



No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I love to make things.